Last week, I posted tips and techniques to traveling with homemade baby food. Listed were 8 simple guidelines to follow to ensure top food safety for your baby. Seems simple enough, but what about those times when you will be on the road for longer than 24 hours? Or what if you just want to take a quick afternoon trip where you know you won’t have a microwave or stove to properly reheat food?
Well, I have recently discovered a company called NurturMe (oddly similar name, but no relation to NurtureBaby) that takes freshly pureed organic fruits and vegetables and dehydrates them – just like baby cereal. You’re asking – why in the world hasn’t this been done before, right? Seems too easy!
I am extremely picky with food for my babies and am skeptical of new products, but here’s why I think NurturMe is the best alternative out there to homemade when traveling.
- The food comes in tiny paper packets which are lightweight and easily transportable. The entire package with 8 individual pouches of food weighs less than one jar!
- The foods are 100% organic and are quick dried to maintain intense nutritional value.
- NurturMe uses recyclable materials made with wind energy.
- It’s super convenient. Just add water, breast milk, or formula and stir.
- It’s yummy, too! My 10 month old – with a super distinguished palette, I might add – highly approves! He especially likes the Scrumptious Squash.
As a caveat, I really don’t like to do “commercials” for other brands…it’s just not my style or what we do here at NurtureBaby. However, since I’ve received so many questions about traveling with homemade baby food, I felt it was only fair to authentically recommend a product we believe is good for you and your baby
I’d love to hear from you, too. What kind of homemade baby food alternatives have you used when traveling long term?